Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Funny Hats


I had already chosen the person to be drawn today when I stopped at the last light on my way to work. I spotted the red hatted one in the parking lot of Dinah's Chicken and immediately changed my mind. And when I saw her friend skip up in the purple hat it sealed the deal.
I only saw them briefly before they entered the restaurant. I wish they would have talked outside a bit longer so I could have gotten a better image in my mind. And unfortunately I didn't see any others with them to get more ideas.
One thing I did notice was that as they greeted and hugged they seemed to make no remarks to each other about the hats. No pointing or extra laughing. Just like "Hi! Great to see you. Let's eat!"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

These ladies must be members of the Red Hat Society. It's a club for older women that was inspired by the poem "Warning", by Jenny Joseph. The first two lines are "When I am an old woman I shall wear purple/With a red hat which doesn't go, and doesn't suit me." So that is why they didn't say anything about their hats when they met :)

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counters
Web Counter